Thursday, March 1, 2007

And the Oscar goes to...


May be this is a two-days old news... but am still happy to talk about the first ever Oscar to one of my favourite Hollywood director - Martin Scorsese. Ever since I came to know about him & his movies (and his bad luck with Academy awards), I became one of his loyal fans wishing him to bag at least one award. And finally, this 64 years old Neo-realistic realized his Oscars dream at the '79th Academy Awards' on Feb 25, 2007. My heart stopped beating for a moment when they were about to announce the winner of 'Achievement in Directing'. And I couldn't believe my ears when Spielberg and 2 others read his name out. He too was visibly overwhelmed and quipped: "Could you double check the envelope?"
Congratulations my dear old man!

And yes... there is something more to say about 'The Departed'... I have a connection with the movie... yes it had a Boston connection and you know that Boston will serve as my second native at least for next few years to come... the movie was shot when I stayed in Boston. I used to read with great interest about the shooting news of 'Departed' during my morning commute to office in the 'Boston Metro' when the crew was in the city in 2005...

In this photo of July 2005, Martin is seen with Leo and another Bostonian Matt on the beautiful backdrop of Boston's waterfront. Visible are the dominant International Towers and the classy Boston Harbor Hotel.

No comments: